Monday, March 26, 2012

This Boy's Life: A Memoir, Tobias Wolff

Our car boiled over again just after my mother and I crossed the Continental Divide. While we were waiting for it to cool we heard, from somewhere above us, the bawling of an airhorn. 


I read Tobias Wolff's novel Old School and thought it was just okay, but his memoir was really great. He recounts his childhood from Florida to a small town in Washington State. His narratives are extremely interesting, from forging checks, planning to run away to Alaska, and stealing cars. It was not only an entertaining book, but also an interesting look at one boy's childhood. And personally, I just love the memoir genre. Memoirs are so interesting.

Read This Boy's Life:

  • if you like memoirs
  • if you like Tobias Wolff's books
288 pages.

 
Very Good! I would recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment