Friday, March 9, 2012

B For Buster, Iain Lawrence

I left a town where fewer than a thousand people lived. I traveled half the world, in the middle of a war, to get away from there...but the first thing I saw when I walked through the door of the sergeants' mess was a guy I knew from home. 

Sixteen year old Kak is underage when he enlists in the Canadian Air Force during World War II. He wants to see action, and finds himself in England. But the world of war that he enters isn't anything like the comic book adventures he loves. Of course not. He realizes that he and his six crewmates on B for Buster, their bomber could be killed at any time. Kak is terrified, naturally. But in Bert, the keeper of the homing pigeons, Kak finds an unlikely friend. Bert seems to understand things that the other men don't talk about. Kak also bonds with the pigeons, one named Percy in particular. This wasn't the greatest book; the writing wasn't that impressive, nor was the plot. But it was okay. I did like the descriptions of the pigeons.

Read B For Buster:

  • if you like books about war and the army
  • if you like books about finding your true self
305 pages.

Very Good! I would recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment