Saturday, February 11, 2012

You Have to Stop This, Pseudonymous Bosch

I love the Secret Series. It is hilarious, suspenseful, and mysterious. And this is the final book! Will the Secret be revealed? I really love Pseudonymous Bosch's writing style, though not the way his name is spelled (it's so long!) But anyway, he builds suspense nicely and is super funny. I wonder who he really is. If you've never read him before, his style is similar to Lemony Snicket's. I was disappointed because this book was not as good as the other ones. It was definitely the worst book of the series, and I did not like the ending much either. Also, Bosch ran out of funny ways to disrupt the stories. I loved the other books, but I was very unhappy that this book didn't meet my expectations. It was a sort of flat final book, and the ending wasn't convincing. If you've read the other books in the Secret Series, you should read this one too, but don't get your hopes up. And if you've never read the Secret Series, you should read the first book, The Name of This Book is Secret. You'll enjoy the first four definitely, and maybe the last one. I just thought it was not a "fantastic finale" as the back cover claims. 347 pages, 3.75 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment