Sunday, November 4, 2012

Rereading Harry Potter

Today and yesterday, I've been rereading my favorite bits from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I hadn't reread any of it for a long, long time, and once again, I found myself immersed in J.K. Rowling's amazing writing, especially when compared to the stiff boring writing in her new book The Casual Vacancy, which is also on my reading list, but I doubt I'll finish.

I realized again how much I just love Harry Potter. It's not one of my all time favorites, but pretty close. It has humor and dark elements to it. I also recently watched this, and though the movies aren't nearly as good as the books, it was still interesting.

Now I'll probably want to reread the entire series from Book 1, when I have the time. Hopefully I'll get to them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment