Thursday, October 11, 2012

Modern Fairies, Dwarves, Goblins & Other Nasties: A Practical Guide by Miss Edythe McFate, Lesley M.M. Blume

From the introduction: My name is Miss Edythe McFate, and once you've read my practical guide to modern fairies, you will never see the world around you in the same way again. 

This is an amusing "guide" to fairies and other related species. Miss Edythe McFate (a.k.a Lesley Blume), well-versed in the art of studying fairies, tells the reader everything you need to know. There are also some stories about urban fairies, set in New York.  I thought that was kind of interesting; you generally don't think of fairies as living in the city. Of course, you don't generally think of dwarves and goblins as fairies either. In this one, Lesley Blume takes a new look at "fairies"; there's more to them than just dancing in flower-filled meadows. There are interesting illustrations by David Foote. I would hesitate to call them beautiful though. Lesley Blume is the author of Cornelia and the Audacious Escapades of the Somerset Sisters, The Rising Star of Rusty Nail, and Tennyson, all of which I enjoyed. I liked this one too; it wasn't great, but it's good for a couple of hours of entertainment. It reminded me a bit of the Wizardology Books.

Read Modern Fairies, Dwarves, Goblins & Other Nasties:

  • if you like Lesley Blume
  • if you like books about fairies, dwarves, goblins, etc.
242 pages.
 
Very Good! I would recommend this book

No comments:

Post a Comment