Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Crossed, Ally Condie

This is the sequel to Matched, which I reviewed earlier. I liked Crossed better than Matched, partly because it has less of a typical science fiction plot. Ky and Cassia and some other characters escape into the canyons and try to find the "Rising", the rebellion against the Society. In the end, though, it seems to me, the Rising is not much better than the Society. They have their own tight rules; you are not allowed to have "unnecessary possessions."  The book did have an interesting plot, but it was kind of depressing. However, I did like the descriptions of the beauty and loneliness of the canyon. Also, some interesting new characters are introduced in Crossed, each with their own complicated story, and secrets are revealed. The Matched trilogy is definitely not my favorite science fiction, but I will read the third book when it comes out, if only to see what happens in the end. 3 1/2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment