Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wildwood Dancing, Juliet Marillier

I've heard it said that girls can't keep secrets. That's wrong: we'd proved it. We'd kept ours for years and years, ever since we came to live at Piscul Dracului and stumbled on the way into the Other Kingdom.
 

I just loved, loved, loved this great fantasy book set in Transylvania. Jena is the second eldest of five sisters. They live with their father near the Wildwood, where the Other World is. On the Full Moon, they secretly go to visit the fairy land and dance the night away. But when their father falls ill and must go away for his health, her controlling cousin Cezar begins to take over the castle. Plus, there is trouble in the Other World. It's complicated, but in a good way.

This book had mystery elements in it and was so suspenseful. I read it in almost one sitting. I loved the characters, both in this world and the other. And in the in, everything fit together perfectly. I loved the ending too, though it was slightly cheesy. Just slightly, mind you, and the rest of the book more than makes up for it. And it had interesting cover art.

Read Wildwood Dancing:
  • if you like books set in Transylvania
  • if you like mysteries
  • if you are looking for an enchanting and suspenseful book
400 pages.
 
Outstanding Book That Will Stay On My Bookshelf For Rereading (jf I own it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment