Saturday, May 26, 2012

Steampunk: An Anthology of Fantastically Rich and Strange Stories, edited by Kelly Link & Gavin J. Grant

Time is many things, her father told her. Time is a circle, and time is a great turning gear that cannot be stopped, and time is a river that carries away what you love. 


Steampunk is a really interesting genre, a mix of science fiction and fantasy. And it can be set in all sorts of places, as well illustrated in this great anthology. There are some pretty famous writers, including Cassandra Clare, Garth Nix, Kelly Link herself, Libba Bray, and Holly Black. There were also two comic stories, which I didn't like as much. I think my favorite story was Steam Girl, by Dylan Horrocks, but The Last Ride of the Glory Girls by Libba Bray was also. And The Summer Girl. So basically I liked all of them. Some were scary, some were funny, and some had both. I would really recommend these short stories. The cover was cool too.

Read Steampunk:
  • if you like steampunk
  • if you like fantasy
  • if you like science fiction
  • if you like short stories
412 pages.
 
Outstanding Book That Will Stay On My Bookshelf For Rereading (jf I own it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment