Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Bronte Sisters (Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition) by Charlotte, Emily, and Anne Bronte

These past two days I have reviewed Jane Eyre and Agnes Grey, by Charlotte and Anne Bronte. I just wanted to take a moment to note the wonderful edition that I read them from. This large (but not too large) volume contains Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and Agnes Grey. This was definitely a good book for me, containing all three. Since I really enjoyed Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights, I wanted to have my own copy of each book, and I was very happy when I discovered this volume from Penguin Classics, also including Agnes Grey, which I had never read before.

Now, about the formatting. The cover is really nice, kind of dark and moody, as befitting the novels enclosed. On the spine is a picture of another woman, and on the back, a different one, all with the black, bare tree over their faces. Presumably, one represents Jane Eyre, another Cathy, and the third Agnes Grey. The font is fairly small, but not miniscule, and the book is pretty easy to hold. I would definitely recommend this edition of all three novels, though not if you like to see the book spines lined up next to one another (which I normally do.) The Bronte Sisters is $22.00, but you can get it on amazon.com for $14.96.

No comments:

Post a Comment