Saturday, December 3, 2011

State of Fear, Michael Crichton

This was an interesting book, full of suspense and lots of interesting facts about the environment (though I don't know whether they're true or not.) For those of you who were in 1st period LA last trimester (me, Juyoun, McKenzie, and Angela), you'll remember that Quinn did his book talk on it. As I said, this was a very suspenseful book, but I disagree with many of the views expressed in it. The author seems to believe that global warming doesn't exist, or that its impact on the earth is minimal, which is just WRONG. I mean seriously, global warming does exist, and you're on idiot if you think it doesn't! But I'll admit, some of the info in the book was pretty convincing. But don't get me wrong. I still believe in global warming.
I seem to be straying from the topic. This was a good book, a good adventure story, and it certainly changed how I view things. Now at least I know the arguments that people who don't believe in global warming make. 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment