Thursday, December 1, 2011

Matched, Ally Condie

Today I finished Matched, by Allie Condie. Most of you have probably heard of it. It's a sci-fi book about this Society where all your choices are made for you: who you love, where you work, when you die. So basically, a typical dystopia.This one girl, Cassia Reyes, falls in love with a boy other than the one she's Matched with, and she has many difficult choices to make. It's a pretty good book, I guess, but there's something about the writing that repels me. I guess I would just say that it's not that suspenseful, for some reason. But it's interesting.
Another criticism I have of the book is that its sort of a typical sci-fi plot. Dystopia society, dissatisfied or rebellious main character, romance with someone forbidden, etc. It's basically very similar to many other sci-fi books. But still, it's a pretty good book, though not my favorite sci-fi. Well, I guess if this was my first sci-fi book, I'd like it, but since I've read other sci-fi books, it seems familiar. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment