Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries




Lizzie Bennet Diaries are a modern take on Pride and Prejudice. It is still an ongoing project (there is a new YouTube video on Mondays and Thursdays.) I really love it; it's different from the novel to adapt to the modern setting. There's a really great cast; we've seen so far: Lizzie (obviously), Jane, Lydia, Charlotte, Mr. Collins, Caroline, Bing Lee (Bingley), George Wickham, Fitz (Colonel Fitzwilliam), and Darcy finally appeared a few weeks ago. At this point, they're right after the proposal. Incidentally, Kitty gets turned into a cat and Mary into a cousin.

I think all of the characters are portrayed almost perfectly. I was a bit disappointed over Darcy, but Wickham is handsome in an evil sort of way.  Mr. Collins is less nasty than in the novel; he's kind of funny actually. Lydia is even more wild since it's the modern day, Jane is really sweet, and Lizzie is...Lizzie. She's really judgmental.

The pictures here from the left are: Lydia glaring at the camera, Bingley and Jane, Lizzie, and Darcy and Lizzie. I'm looking forward to seeing where this series goes! (I'll be archiving this post on the Movies page even though it is obviously not a movie).

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Lizzie Bennet Diaries! They're the best! I just... urghhh I love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are awesome! Although it's a little different from the book, I think this modern adaptation works really well.

    ReplyDelete