Friday, April 13, 2012

Archangel, Sharon Shinn

The angel Gabriel went to the oracle on Mount Sinai, looking for a wife. He did not go gladly, even hopefully, as befitted a man eager to find his lifelong companion. In fact, he had put off this journey as long as he could,d but his deadline was rapidly approaching.


I just LOVED this science fiction book. Everything about it. It was so awesome. I loved the premise. Archangel is set in a distant future when angels commune with Jovah, their god, who is in reality an AI controlling an armed starship called the Jehovah hovering over their planet, though none of them know this. Then there is the concept of the archangel. It was so fascinating. I loved the world-building; the uniqueness of the world that Sharon Shinn created was so amazing. I loved the mystery of the book, and its suspense. I could barely put it down. I loved the characters; the main characters Gabriel and Rachel, as well as the minor characters, Raphael and Judith, and Maga and Matthew. I loved the fantasy/magic elements of the book, I loved the overall story, I loved the questions raised in the book of unquestioning, blind faith. I loved, loved, loved this book! If you enjoy science fiction, it's a definite must-read.

Read Archangel:
  • if you like science fiction
  • if you like stories that grab attention 
  • if you like great stories with so many wonderful elements in them
  • if you like your science fiction with a splash of fantasy
390 pages.

 

Outstanding Book That Will Stay On My Bookshelf For Rereading (jf I own it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment