Friday, June 6, 2014

Bookish Wear & Wares from Out of Print


Browsing on the web one day, I discovered an intriguing site: Out of Print Clothing. They sell not only bookish related clothing but also other products such as pouches, journals, bags, jewelry, and more. I saw many lovely products, so imagine my delight when Out of Print agreed to send some samples! I requested three items: a Library stamp t-shirt, a Master and Margarita t-shirt, and their Pride and Prejudice tote bag. I'm delighted to say that I was overall quite satisfied with each one.
Womens_TS_Library-Stamp

The t-shirt that initially attracted my eye was the distinctive library stamp t-shirt; I thought it was a lovely concept. Although apprehensive that the shirt would be too small, it was actually just right, if somewhat tight. So if looking for a very loose fitting shirt, definitely size up. For me it was fine though. One drawback to this particular one is the sheer lowness of the v-neck, but other than that, I really have no criticisms. It's a great idea, and has been executed extremely well. I love the soft gray color too, and the choice of year for the dates....

Although a Great Gatsby t-shirt also looked nice, I'm pretty sure they're more common, and how often does one see this? :

The Master and Margarita women's shirtThe Master and Margarita is such a zany, insane book, and although I could have done with less text and more image, this shirt does do it justice. The small fit much the same as the library t-shirt; the neck, however, is much demure, which given the book's nature isn't exactly apt. Still, the neck is much better. In general though I prefer the library shirt's overall design and image, but this one is also satisfying and comfortable. The cat is quite crazy looking.

The Pride and Prejudice bag was perhaps the most refined; I absolutely loved the peacock design, from an old and very famous edition of the book. The lettering is gorgeous and I love how the feathers splay out over the top of it. My only complaint was that it is a bit small, not quite a good size for holding many books. The straps are a bit small too; to me it felt more purse like in terms of straps. Still an amazing product overall.

You can order these three here, here, and here; I'd highly recommend checking out Out of Print. And it's all for a good cause; books are donated for every item purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment