Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Recent DNF Books

These are books that I recently (within the past few months) didn't finish, and books that I didn't read enough of to write a review. I did want to mention them on the blog, though.

The Bookman's Tale, Charlie Lovett: I had high hopes for this one, but alas I couldn't finish this one; I got to page 50. The story was very interesting, but the writing just wasn't good enough to keep me reading. Ah well. Date put down: August 4th.
The Bookman's Tale by Charlie Lovett

A Conspiracy of Faith, Jussi Adler-Olsen: Dutton sent me a copy of this mystery rather unexpectedly, but for whatever reason I didn't feel like reading it. Date (finally) put down: August 19th.
A Conspiracy of Faith by Jussi Adler-Olsen









Battleborn, Claire Vaye Watkins: I don't know...I just couldn't get into these stories. The prose was lifeless and flat. The few stories I read were uninteresting. It's a shame too, because I am interested in Western fiction. Vastly disappointing. I read about 50 pages before putting it down. Maybe I'll try again later. (Another review copy, incidentally).
Battleborn by Claire Vaye Watkins

The Way of Kings, Brian Sanderson: This wasn't a book I was particularly interested in, but I did happen to win the Goodreads giveaway. Still, not an epic fantasy kind of person. It's only the first book in the series, and it's like 1200 pages long. Meh.
The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Just One Day, Gayle Forman: Everyone's raved about this book, but I guess I'm just not a fan of straight-up romance. I also felt like the main character made some pretty stupid choices.

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Stella Bain, Anita Shreve: "I found myself unable to read much of Stella Bain. Given its subject matter, the book felt kind of cold and detached. I only got to page 40 in the ARC, but the book in total is less than 300 pages, and I didn't particularly feel like continuing."

Stella Bain by Anita Shreve

This was a rather weird post, wasn't it? Anyway, just some recent books that I failed to take an interest in.

No comments:

Post a Comment