Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cover Love

I don't know if this is actually a "thing" or not (like with a fancy little picture), but I am in love with this cover:
The Girl With Glass Feet

I keep looking at it, touching it, and regretting that I'll have to return it in three weeks. Even if the book isn't good, the cover is amazing. Here's the plot summary: "Strange things are happening on the remote and snowbound archipelago of St. Hauda’s Land. Magical winged creatures flit around the icy bogland, albino animals hide themselves in the snow-glazed woods, and Ida Maclaird is slowly turning into glass. Ida is an outsider in these parts who has only visited the islands once before. Yet during that one fateful visit the glass transformation began to take hold, and now she has returned in search of a cure." It sounds pretty interesting. 

I'm not judging the book by its cover. I'm just saying that it's freaking gorgeous. I'm so glad the library gave me the hardcover edition; the paperback is much less beautiful (although still nice):
The Girl with Glass Feet

I'm looking forward to the book, although somehow I doubt that it will live up to my expectations.

Other books obtained at the library: Ghana Must Go by Taiye Selasi
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Can You Forgive Her? by Anthony Trollope
Goose Chase by Patrice Kindl
Suite Scarlett by Maureen Johnson

Books bought:
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (a reread)
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt (a reread)

No comments:

Post a Comment