Sunday, May 12, 2013

The To-Read Pile

These are some books that I have right now and will get to eventually:

Above All ThingsA Child AgainWives and DaughtersComplete Short Stories (Greene, Graham)The River of No ReturnJepp, Who Defied the StarsAngelmakerEon (Eon, #1)FreedomThe Legend of Broken

Above All Things by Tanis Rideout: A mix of The Paris Wife and Into Thin Air (which I have not read). It looks good and interesting, though I'm not super excited about it.

A Child Again by Robert Coover: My dad got this for me while he was in New York, and it looks like a really great collection of fairy tales. There's also a deck of cards involved.

Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell: I loved Cranford, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Complete Short Stories: I love Graham Greene, but recently my interest in it has waned, so we'll see.

The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway: I saw this advertised on Goodreads, and managed to get my hands on a review copy of it. Looking forward to reading this book from Dutton.

Jepp, Who Defied The Stars by Katherine Marsh: I've been wanting to read this book for a while, since it was made one of the best YA books of 2012 by the New York Times.

Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway: Erin Morgenstern loved it, so that's enough for me. Although I didn't love The Vanishing Act, which she did.

Eon by Alison Goodman: A friend lent this to me, and I still have not read it. Hopefully soon.

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen: Picked up on a whim.

The Legend of Broken by Caleb Carr: Another gift, which looks interesting.

Some books that I don't have yet but are out and that I really want to read:
The Hero's Guide to Storming the CastleRequiem (Delirium, #3)Ghana Must GoLet it SnowJane Austen: A LifeFire Study (Study, #3)Howards EndMy Ántonia

No comments:

Post a Comment