Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

I may have seen this film once before, but I didn't remember much about it. This movie has some good parts, but much like the rest of them, is very different from the book and somehow manages to be 2 and a half hours and leave out a good part of the book too. I like some of the later films more, actually, because Harry, Hermione, and Ron are all more developed as people. Here, you barely scratch the surface at who they are, though there are some moving scenes, and some of the graphics are nice.

I am glad that I decided to re-watch it, and I'll probably watch some of the other ones too, but I think the movies are vastly inferior to the books. They do have a great cast, and I think so much more could have been done. Somehow, they fall a bit short, though on their own, they're entertaining enough. I do really like the scene with the Mirror of Erised.

3.5 stars.

3 comments:

  1. It's probably because I saw the movie first before reading the book but I love the movie. I love all of them. I don't really have any complaints. They did take out some scenes here and there about Dobby in later movies but I feel like they put the majority of the books into the movies. Which scene? The parents or the ending?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ending, and a lot of the scenes in the classes. And one of the Quidditch matches. And the midnight duel. Also, a lot of smaller details that are really important to the book.

      Delete
    2. Really? I thought it was obvious that you were going to say with the parents. Interesting... Hahaha! Basically almost all of the scenes.

      Delete