Monday, November 28, 2011

First Review!

So, here is my first review. Over the Thanksgiving break, I read a book called Chanterelle Dreams, Amanita Nightmares. For those of you mycologists out there, you would know immediately that this was about mushrooms, but I'll say it anyway. It's about mushrooms. It's an interesting book, with lots of cool facts and ancedotes. I'm pretty sure that I'll do it for my book talk this trimester. One thing I liked was that it included many elements of mushrooms, not just the science. It talked about mushrooms in mythology, poisoning, edible mushrooms, mycophilic and mycophobic countries, AND the science of mushrooms. At the same time it didn't flood you with too much information; it was just enough.
And that's all I have to say. My future reviews will probably be longer. Comment if you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment